Here are our details of this our application process. We have also included this link for you to download the screening criteria at your leisure.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS
- We accept applications from anyone inquiring about a property.
- We process applications on a first come, first served basis.
- We do not process incomplete applications. If a question does not apply, enter N/A.
- You can only have an application on one property at a time.
- If another property becomes available and suits your needs we will gladly transfer your application to that property – just ask us!
- A NON-REFUNDABLE $45 application fee is due for EACH application.
- Co-signers are only accepted on first time renters or students and must apply and pay the same $45 fee.
Application fees are to be paid by EXACT CASH, MONEY ORDER, or CASHIER’S CHECK.
We DO NOT accept personal checks for application fees.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
In order to process an application we require the following:
- SS# (we do not need the document, just the number)
- One piece of photo ID (Non US Citizens must provide copy of work or student visa and Tax ID Number)
- Current driver’s license or State issued ID card
- Sufficient Income Resources
- Verified gross household income 2 ½ the rent or sufficient documented savings
- Pay stubs
- Employer contract
- Award letter
- Current tax records (there is a 3 month time limit for taxes from filing date)
- Self Employed Applicants must provide their most recent income documents, at least 3 months current bank statements and a copy of their business license
- Co-signers are required to show 5 times the rent
- Verified gross household income 2 ½ the rent or sufficient documented savings
- A credit check and/or criminal public records check will be performed
- Negative reports may result in denial of an application
- We may require three to five business days to verify information on a completed application
- If we are unable to verify information on an application the process may take longer and the application may be denied
- Explanations/Exceptions:All Applicants may submit a written explanation with their Application if there are extenuating circumstances which require additional consideration. If, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify information on your application, or if you fail to pass any of the screening criteria, the application process will be terminated. Exceptions may be made for Applicants with increased Deposits or qualified Co-Signers at the sole discretion of the Property Manager.
ONCE YOU ARE APPROVED
- We require immediate payment of the deposit to guarantee and hold the unit
- Deposit to hold must be paid with a Cashier’s Check or Money Order
- A Deposit will hold the unit for up to 3 days from the unit available date
- If for any reason you fail to rent the unit. You may forfeit that deposit per ORS 90.297
- If payment is not received within 48 hours of approval, we will continue to market the unit for rent
- Rental Agreements executed ten (10) or fewer days before the last day of the month require the pro-rated rent payment for the number of days remaining in that month plus the full month’s rent of the upcoming month****THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO SPACE RENT IN MANUFACTURED HOME PARKS Space rent is not pro-rated and must be paid in full, regardless of date of move-in.
- Upon notification of Move-in Date, Tenant must transfer all applicable utilities to begin on that date. Failure to set up utilities by the scheduled Move-in Date (regardless of whether or not the Tenant(s) take occupancy on that date) may result in denial of occupancy until such time as utilities are transferred and any amounts owing are paid.
ADDITIONAL DEPOSIT You may be asked to pay an additional deposit (up to 2x the deposit) for:
- No credit or poor credit history (including slow payments or bankruptcy)
- No landlord references (references must be from an unbiased source: no family or roommates references)
- If you have a pet or pets
WHY YOU MAY NOT BE APPROVED
- If we are unable to verify information on your application, including rental and employment history
- Five years of eviction-free history is required except for general eviction judgments entered on claims that arose on or after April 1, 2020, and before March 1, 2022. Eviction actions that were dismissed or resulted in a judgment for the applicant will not be considered. Rental history reflecting any past due and unpaid balances to a landlord will result in denial of the application except for unpaid rent, including rent reflected in judgments or referrals of debt to a collection agency, that accrued on or after April 1, 2020, and before March 1, 2022. Two or more notices for non-payment of rent within one year will result in denial of the application
- Rental information, including; negative or insufficient reports from references or other sources, an unacceptable or insufficient rental history, such as the lack of a reference from a prior landlord, a prior action for possession under ORS 105.105 (Entry to be lawful and peaceable only) to 105.168 (Minor as party in proceedings pertaining to residential dwellings) that resulted in a general judgement for the plaintiff or an action for possession that has not yet resulted in dismissal or general judgment, inability to verify information regarding a rental history.
- Criminal convictions or pending charges which may result in an application denial include, but are not limited to: drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, any crimes involving financial fraud (including identity theft or forgery), or any other crime that would adversely impact the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment of the premises of the Residents or Owner/Agent but not including pending charges or crimes that are no longer illegal in the state of Oregon, or charges that are pending but for which the Applicant is presently participating in a diversion, conditional discharge or deferral of judgment program on the charges. Criminal history will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration the nature and severity of the incidents that would lead to denial, the number and type of incidents, the time that has elapsed since the date the incidents occurred, and the age of the individual at the time the incidents occurred. Applicants are encouraged to provide supplemental information to explain, justify or negate the relevance of potentially negative screening outcomes.
- Financial information, including: insufficient income, negative information provided by a consumer credit reporting agency, inability to verify information regarding credit history.
- Undisclosed or unpermitted pets.
- Failure to meet other written screening or admission criteria.
- Incomplete application form.
- The dwelling unit has already been rented.
Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. (A bedroom is defined as a habitable room that is intended to be used primarily for sleeping purposes, contains at least 70 square feet and is configured so as to take the need for a fire exit into account).
The general rule is two persons are allowed per bedroom. Owner/Agent may adopt a more liberal occupancy standard based on factors such as size and configuration of the unit, size and configuration of the bedrooms, and whether any occupants will be infants.
- Some mailbox keys are managed by the Postmaster and must be obtained from the local post office. CPM does not have any ownership and cannot provide access.
- Any charges associated with obtaining mailbox keys/access are assessed by the U.S. Postal Service. This expense is the sole responsibility of the Tenant and is not included in your move-in fees.
You have the right to appeal a negative determination, if any right to appeal exists; and any non-discrimination policy as required by federal, state or local law plus any non-discrimination policy of the landlord, including that a landlord may not discriminate against an applicant because of the race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, familial status or source of income of the applicant.
CPM Real Estate Services, Inc. represents the owners of this property. “We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, marital status, source of income, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other protected class as defined in any federal, state or local law.” CPM Real Estate Services, Inc. complies with and bases its policies on the Oregon Landlord Tenant Law.